The JACT Summer School Trust (JSST) takes the safety and welfare of all the students on its courses extremely seriously. The prime concern at all times is the best interests of the child. It is the responsibility of all the tutors and other staff on the courses to report any concerns they have about child protection or welfare to the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
The JSST policy for safeguarding & child protection can be viewed here:
The policy applies to all trustees and members of JSST and all staff and volunteers at the four JACT Summer Schools. The five principles are to:
- ensure Summer Schools practise safer recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children;
- raise awareness of child protection issues and inform students at its Summer Schools of measures available to them to keep them safe;
- develop and implement procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse;
- support students who have been abused;
- maintain a safe environment in which students can learn.
Nominated Trustee for Safeguarding: Judith Mossman firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy for Nominated Trustee: Cathy Bothwell email@example.com